26/11


Last year, this very day was like any other. But what happened the next day was something that no Mumbaikar would ever forget.

I was at a friends birthday party, and came home around 8pm. Things were cool at that time. I came surfed the net watched tv and was about to sleep when I got a sms from a friend about the attack in taj hotel and oberoi. For like a minute I didn’t understand anything. I went through the sms again. And I could make out that this was not a prank on me or anything so I switched on the tv and it was really shocking what ever they were showing on tv. I was dumbstruck for the next 15mins. A terriorist attack in Mumbai? No way that’s not possible it took me a while to let the news sink in my mind and heart. That night I could hardly get sleep. I called up the closed once, if case they were somewhere out and not aware of the situation. luckily all were safe.

I slept at 3 in the morning and when I woke up at 7 in the morning I woke up to the news of the death of hemant karkare. Mom told me that she knew him. it was another shocking moment for me. And one after the other getting news about fire and hand grenades and firing in these hotels and VT station and everything. I just wanted to go out there and kill those bastards.

I had never seen anything like that in my whole life. The next day they were going to give their final goodbye to Mr. karkare. I knew I had to go there and I had to go there and salute that man for his bravery. Thought I didn’t get to see him, but I atleast got to be there when he was leaving this earth forever. I have taken a video which I have uploaded. and after that I decided to go to taj hotel and oberoi trident. I have taken some pics there as well, I have uploaded those.

The thing was, while going there I could not see a single civilian other than the journalists who had come there to capture the live situation there for their news channels, I could see 100 of police men with grim faces and the military. It was like I was at a war front. I was not sure if they would allow me to go there but atleast they allowed me to where the news channel people were there. It was breath taking experience. I could see those rescued people sitting in a group still in the shock of what had happened, and what could have happened. I felt my eyes go wet when I realized what they had gone through. I still get Goosebumps when I think of what I had seen that day, and trust me It was way different then what tv channels show us,. The mixture of shock and panic and relief that its all over now and the respect you feel like giving to all those cops who helped us together is way different. I am getting Goosebumps as I am tying this as well.

I just hope these terriorist understand that this is not going to help them in anyway. I still don’t get the point of why these people are even there. What the hell is their problem?

I could not write anymore. I would just like to let the government and everyone whose reading this know that we have still not forgotten that day… and we need some actions against it. More security!

That 3 day, ill never forget in my whole life. And that few hours I spent near taj and oberoi that feeling that will stay with me forever. And I would like to say that I am proud of my nation and also those people who laid down their life’s for the country.

JAI HIND!
















Comments

  1. You are really brave Pooja. God bless you and give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/25/world/asia/25mumbai.html?_r=1&hp

    just read the above article from new york times.... how sad is the plight of us, Indians

    meanwhile so nice to read something from someone who saw it close

    ReplyDelete
  3. man yes... that was sad...c my poem on the topic...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment