My Experiments with Cooking




This vacation I had decided to just relax and do absolutely nothing after all this is the last vacation of my life after this it would be all hunt for jobs and start earning and listen to mom say “Its time you get married!” so this last time I am going to do everything that I love. It started with me making a Harry Potter Wand!!! That was something I wanted to do for a long long longgg time but somehow it just didn’t happen but I am glad cause when I finally did it, it is just the best! Ill do a post on that soon. There are many other Potter related things that I am planning on doing but for now lets start with that I did today.
            I realized that its high time I start cooking, and cooking good! I don’t know I never got this feeling before that I should learn how to cook, but now suddenly I wanna know the receipe of everything that I eat. So what I ended up doing was subscribing to all the Food related channels on Youtube, Following Food Blogs etc etc. I guess this is something related to actually “Growing up”.
So today I decided to make Veg. Hakka Noodles. Quite a basic recipe really,
1.boil the noodles.
2. cut all the vegetables that you want to put in (onion, capsicum and cabbage for me)
3. drain the noodles and keep aside
4. heat up oil in another wok and put all the vegetables in and toss it up.
5. add the noodles and mix them up real nice.
6. add soya sauce, vinegar and salt.
7. add schezwan sauce if available.
8. toss up and serve J
For me, I did make a couple of mistakes like the salt was less and I sorta over cooked the noodles, but I guess I should be allowed these silly mistakes, I am still learning no? But other than that It was perfect. And in the adrenaline rush which went up inside me when my mom said, “its actually pretty good” I even cleaned all the vessels J






Comments