The Police is not God to be everywhere!!!

The recent Mumbai’s Gang Rape Case has again made the city unite together to protest against such crimes and demand strict laws against such crimes to avoid further instances. Many debates, talks, rallies happened in the last 2days and people have also blamed Mumbai Police for it, I agree to the fact that after being aware of the notorious elements that were prevalent in Shakti Mills they should have taken steps to stop it.
Nonetheless I won’t take away their credit for the commendable job they are doing with night patrols which helps keep the city safe, I have mentioned innumerable times how I am in love with the city and how I find it safe even at midnight. Many a times me and some of my friends do go for late night drives, and I should mention that there are many police checkpoints put up around the city to avoid any nuisance. So once when we had gone for a late night drive, I dozed off in the front seat while my friend was driving me home. A police saw me and stopped the car and started inquiring my friend, he also asked me a couple of questions to check if there was something wrong on learning that everything was normal he let us go. At that point the whole incident made us laugh, the friend said, “ He thought I had drugged you and was kidnapping you”. But now I realize how important that incident was… how aware and how keen the police were about women safety.

Such rape incidents shouldn’t happen but putting the blame on police won’t help, they have a lot to go through and such devilish things will stop when strict laws shall be made and executed. A grassroot level change is needed, we are supposed to educate the future generation, make them respect women, sex education should be introduced as a part of school curriculum. When the basic way of looking at a woman changes shall this thing come to an end, but this is something that shall happen over a period of time. Right now, STRICT laws is what we demand!

Comments