Fastag

Offbeat Weekend Plan - Heritage Bus Tour - KalaGhoda


Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2016 started last weekend. I made sure that I dragged a friend along for the Heritage Bus Tour. This was the third time that I went for the bus tour and I absolutely love it. It is an amazing experience to hop on to the Open deck bus and go for a nice one hour tour of South Mumbai.

The guide gives interesting information about the area. Even though I have lived in the city all my life, I didn’t know some of the facts that she told me.

If you are looking for something new to do on a lazy weekend and if you share the same enthusiasm and love for the city as I do then maybe this will be just the right thing to do for you.

Something interesting happened while I was waiting for my friend to reach.
They give one pass per person, and that person has to be physically present to collect the pass. As my friend was running late, I decided to go and wait in the line.
It was 5 minutes before they would start giving out the passes and my friend had still not reached. I requested an uncle who was asking for some information at the help desk to wait with me for five minutes and collect the pass for my friend. He agreed.

A small little thing for him but that made me so happy. They say Mumbai is too fast, always on a run. In reality, Mumbai does know when to stop, take a moment and make someone smile. 

Things to keep in mind

The passes for the tickets are given out two hours before the bus ride.
Check the schedule and details online or at the helpdesk during the event.
People start queuing up at the helpdesk for the passes 45mins before the specified time, try and reach early and be ready to stand in the que.
The first 30 passes is upper deck. Try and get those passes.
Enjoy the ride J and if you do go, let me know how did you like it.









Comments

Post a Comment